What’s the best way to stop the Japanese Beetles from destroying my grapevine. I tried the soap in the bucket pick them and drown them technique but guess I was too late. I have lots of grapes will they survive if I just let the beetles eat the leaves?
I have a grape vine at home too and every year I choose not to treat the beetles. Every year I have a pretty poor fruit yield, but a yield non the less, and the leaves usually become absolutely destroyed. If I were to treat the Beetles I’d try to treat the grubs in the soil first and let the current round of adults die off. If you wanted to treat the adults there are some safer products on the shelf that you can use with produce.